Home / GENERAL NEWS / Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu Still Missing – Hatayspor Club Doctor Confirms

Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu Still Missing – Hatayspor Club Doctor Confirms

Spread the love

Conflicting reports continue to come out of Turkey regarding Christian Atsu, who was caught up in the devastating earthquake to hit the country.

The Ghana FA claimed on Tuesday that he had successfully been rescued from the rubble of a collapsed building.

However, quotes from Hatayspor club doctor Gurbey Kahveci have now emerged saying he had not been found.

As reported by Hurriyet, he said: “When we heard the news that ‘he was taken to Dortyol Hospital’, we especially went and looked, but he was not there. At the moment, we accept that [sporting director] Savut Taner and Christian Atsu were not found [on Monday night] unfortunately.”

 

 

Source: TalkSpor

 

 

The family and agent of Hatayspor and former Black Stars winger, Christian Atsu, has revealed that the player cannot be located some 24 hours after he was pulled out of the debris.

The winger initially went missing 26 hours after the first earthquake hit Turkey, till Turkish media confirmed his rescue.

See also  Why The Birth Certificate Is Not A Proof Of Nationality In Ghana – Chief Justice Nominee Gertrude Explains

Turkish reporter, Yagiz Sabuncuoglu told Joy Sports the winger’s health is currently being monitored.

“It’s good news but we’re following his condition because, when someone is rescued from under rubble, it means he hasn’t eaten or drank anything.

“So the person’s condition is very important after the rescue. That’s why we’re following up with the hospital.”

However, a day after news of the rescue, the winger cannot be found – again. His agent, Nana Sekyere told Joy Sports all his efforts to find his client have failed.

“No club official or hospital staff have been able to confirm his presence in any hospital in Hatya or a neighbouring country, we are still searching for him, so are very concerned. It’s 24 hours since it was reported he’s alive, however, he has not been seen in any hospital.

“I am speaking to everybody; I am in direct contact with everybody at Hatayspor, I am also in contact with the Ghana and British consulates in Turkey and the Turkish football association.”

Ghana’s Ambassador to Turkey, Francisca Ashietey-Odunton also revealed to Joy Sports she and her outfit are unsure about the 31-year-old’s whereabouts.

“Yesterday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs here informed me that they wanted to confirm if Christian Atsu had been found and rescued, and sent to a medical centre. However, in all the confusion – which is understandable under the circumstances [as you are rescued you are put in an ambulance and sent to the hospital] – they are not sure yet which particular hospital or health facility he has been sent to.”

See also  Late President John Atta-Mills Was A Dignified Statesman – Mahama

 

 

Reaction from Ghana Embassy in Turkey

In her extensive communication with Joy Sports, she added, “This morning again, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has assured me they are working feverishly to find out which facility he was sent to and will get back to me as soon as possible because I have been on them that I need to go and see him.

“I am in Ankara, the capital, which is [in] the middle of Turkey. The disaster occurred in the southernmost [of the country]. All the airports are closed [and] all the roads are closed. Nobody is being allowed except the rescue mission. So, what we can do as a mission, is to fall on the host Ministry, who has an obligation to let us know what happens to our compatriots.

See also  Today's Newspaper Headlines; Monday, 28th March 2022.

“However, together with members of the Ghanaian community who live here and including some of them who were at the site of the disaster, we have been working hand-in-hand with them to get whatever information we can get not only about Christian Atsu but also about other Ghanaians.

“I am glad and thankful that apart from Christian Atsu, all the Ghanaians are accounted for. We didn’t have many in the area and most of them there were students. In the worse affected areas which are the; Adana, Marash provinces and Gazantiep we had students there. We have been in touch with them through members of the Ghanaian community and today I hope and our intention is to evacuate them to Ankara.”

 

Source: My Joy Online

 

Thanks for reading from MyGhanaMedia.com as a news publishing website from Ghana.

 

 

 

 

 

Send your news stories to myghanamedia@gmail.com and Chat with us via WhatsApp on +233 200818719

 

About Adwenpa-Hene

we publish on Entertainment, Sports, Politics, Lifestyle, and Technology. You can also follow Us on : YouTube Channel - My Ghana Media TV, Facebook - MyghanaMedia TV , Twitter - @MyGhanamedia2 & Instagram - My Ghana Media TV. Email Address: myghanamedia@gmail.com Contact Us: 0200818719

Check Also

VIDEO: Come Clear On ‘Dumsor’ – Former NDPC Boss Tells Akufo-Addo’s Government

Spread the love The former Chairman of the National Development Planning Commission (NDPC), Prof Stephen …