Home / GENERAL NEWS / Ashanti region: Over 250 Corpses Exhumed At Pramso

Ashanti region: Over 250 Corpses Exhumed At Pramso

Spread the love

A chief at Pramso in the Bosomtwe District of the Ashanti region, Nana Gyanpon-tua II has ordered the exhumation of some remains buried at the community’s cemetery a new area at a riverside in Pramso.

According to the report, the chief has sold the old cemetery to a private developer.

Speaking on Fox morning drive with Sir John, The Assembly Member of the area Hon. Owusu sekyere said over two hundred and fifty corpses were exhumed last month.

 

 

 

According to him, the chief has a personal interest and alleged the area has been sold by the Chief to a private developer for two million cedis.

 

Responding to this on the show on Tuesday 29th March 2022, Nana Gyanpontua II refuted the allegations leveled against him as having no basis and should be treated with all contempt it deserves. According to him, the relocation was to pave way for some development after he received the go-ahead from Manhyia.

See also  Akufo-Addo “Determined” To Fill Revenue Gaps, Describes Opposition To E-levy As “Unnecessary Disputation”

 

 

 

 

“I ordered for the dead bodies to be exhumed from the old cemetery and rebury them at the new place. I had received permission from Manhyia to undertake that action”

 

Meanwhile, Residents in the community said they disagreed with their chief sensing some fishy intention to use the land for his personal interest.

 

 

 

 

 

According to them, they believed Manhyia would only permit the Chief to clear a portion of the cemetery for road construction being undertaken by Kofi Job construction but not to clear the entire cemetery.

They threaten to resist any attempt to continue this exercise by the Chief because it’s against the customs and traditions of the area.

See also  COLA strike: Organised labour, Gov’t Must Strike A Fair Balance – Akufo-Addo

 

The exercise which was carried out without strict monitoring and supervision from health experts is likely to spark health implications within the community.

 

Speaking on the show the deputy regional director in charge of public health, Dr. Michael Rockson Adjei described the exercise as disgusting but promised to send a surveillance team to the community. The Bosomtwe district assembly was yet to respond to the issue at the time of filing this report.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

See also  Today's Newspaper Headlines; Thursday 14 January 2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 There are four types of content published on MyGhanaMedia daily: curated content; syndicated content; user-generated content; and original content.

 

Image


Send your news stories to [email protected] and Chat with us via WhatsApp on +233 200818719

 

 

 

 

About Adwenpa-Hene

I'm Adwenpa-Hene |Blogger & Broadcaster Journalist. I am the CEO and manager of this noble website. I publish on Entertainment, Sports, Politics, Lifestyle, and Technology. You can also follow Us on : YouTube Channel - My Ghana Media TV, Facebook - MyghanaMedia TV , Twitter - @MyGhanamedia2 & Instagram - My Ghana Media TV. Email Address: [email protected] Contact Us: 0200818719

Check Also

“Cocoa Farmers Are Going Hungry Day By Day” – CCSR

Spread the love Cocoa farmers in Ghana have warned that the country could lose more …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.