Home / EDUCATION / Government To Operationalise 4 E-blocks This Year, Says Education Minister

Government To Operationalise 4 E-blocks This Year, Says Education Minister

Spread the love

The education Minister, Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum has revealed that government will operationalise four (4) E-block schools by the end of this year.

Speaking at a press conference on Sunday, the Minister debunked claims that the government has abandoned the E-blocks project which began under the erstwhile John Mahama administration.

According to him, the government has been seeing to it that the said educationalised institutions every year.

 

“Today I am announcing to the good people of Ghana that if one government invest, another government will come and continue because after all, it is the money of the people of Ghana. I have been on record saying that the E-blocks where they were located in urban areas was the best investment any government could make,” he said.

See also  DSP Azugu Is No More With The National Security Ministry – Ambrose Derry

He noted that already some schools under the E-block had already been completed and operationalised.

 

In October last year, the Head of Communications at the Education Ministry, Kwasi Kwarteng, said that government is hopeful of operationalising the E-block School building at Aflao.

“The building is completed. What is left is the refurbishment, chairs and all that. We are not sleeping. We are very hopeful that the Aflao one and others that are yet to be completed, by the next academic year, we should see it in the Computerised School Selection and Placement System so that students will access it. That is somewhere in February [2022],” he explained.

He added that 26 of the contracts under the project have been terminated.

“Twenty-six of them have their contracts terminated. If you look at them, some of them are at sub-structural levels. You award it to the contractor, and you don’t provide funding and the contractor can come to the site once and does not appear on site months later.

“The contracts have been terminated outrightly. For some of them, after two or three years, you see that the contract is still at 1% completion stage,” he said.

See also  Captain Smart Case: No Show In Court, Hearing Adjourned To 20th December

The erstwhile Mahama administration in 2012 announced his plans to construct some 200 Community Day Senior High Schools in the country to enhance access to Secondary Education.

Later, contracts were awarded for some 124 schools to be constructed across the country. These projects were known as the E-blocks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

See also  ‘Don’t Fall For Social Media Pressure’ - Ghanaian Artiste To Youth

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

About Adwenpa-Hene

I'm Adwenpa-Hene |Blogger & Broadcaster Journalist. I am the CEO and manager of this noble website. I publish on Entertainment, Sports, Politics, Lifestyle, and Technology. You can also follow Us on : YouTube Channel - My Ghana Media TV, Facebook - MyghanaMedia TV , Twitter - @MyGhanamedia2 & Instagram - My Ghana Media TV. Email Address: [email protected] Contact Us: 0200818719

Check Also

It’s Not The Job Of An MP To Build Roads – Majority Leader says

Spread the love The Member of Parliament for Suame and the majority leader, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.