Ningo Prampram Member of Parliament Samuel Nartey George is unhappy with the kind of ministerial reshuffle done by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
In a tweet, the opposition lawmaker said “Togo Jeans Reshuffle. Tweeeeeaaaa!”
Togo Jeans Reshuffle.
— Sam 'Dzata' George (@samgeorgegh) February 7, 2023
The Minority Chief Whip, Kwame Agbodza also said the reshuffle is not comprehensive enough.
He said the changes cannot solve the economic challenges facing the country at the moment.
In a tweet, the Adaklu lawmaker said “Akufo Addo’s reshuffle today will not be comprehensive enough to deal with the economic challenges we have.
“I have all the respect for the individuals nominated. But what is the use of a portfolio called minister of State at the Presidency currently?”
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has appointed Adansi Asokwa MP KT Hammond as Minister for Trade pending approval by Parliament.
Abetifi MP Bryan Acheampong is heading to the Ministry of Food and Agriculture. Former Director-General (DG) of the State Interests and Governance Authority (SIGA) Mr Stephen Asamoah Boateng (Asa B) is heading to Chieftaincy.
Stephen Amoah, Nhyiaeso MP is now Deputy Minister-designate for Trade and Industry.
Dr Mohammed Amin Anta is now Minister of State for Finance replacing Charles Adu Boahen.
Below is the full list.
Member of Parliament for Adansi Asokwa, K.T Hammond has been appointed Minister-designate for Trade and Industry.
2. Member of Parliament for Abetifi, Brian Acheampong has been appointed Minister-designate for Food and Agriculture.
3. Member of Parliament for Karaga, Mohammed Amin Adam, who was stationed at the Energy Ministry as deputy Minister has been given a new post. He has been appointed Minister of State at the Finance Ministry. He is set to replace Charles Adu Boahen.
4. Stephen Asamoah Boateng has been appointed Minister-designate for Chieftaincy and Religious Affairs.
5. Hebert Krapah, who was Deputy Minister at the Trade Ministry has been moved to the Energy Ministry as Deputy Minister-designate. He replaces Mohammed Amin Adam.
6. Meanwhile, Dr Stephen Amoah is now Deputy Minister-designate for Trade and Industry to replace Herbert Krapah.
7. Member of Parliament for Akuapem South, Osei Bonsu Amoah, has been appointed Minister of State at the Local Government and Rural Development Ministry.
Thanks for reading from MyGhanaMedia.com as a news publishing website from Ghana.