A Deputy Chief Executive Officer for the Forestry Commission and also former Mayor for Tamale Hon Iddrisu Musah a.k.a “Musah Superior”, has outlined his plans in ten bulleting points that he intends to accomplish when voted to lead the governing New Patriotic Party as General Secretary.
The immediate past Mayor of Tamale is an ardent critic of the incumbent General Secretary, John Boadu, and recently blamed the latter for the predicament of the ruling party in the 8th Parliament of Ghana.
He was reported in some circles of the local media to have accused the party’s Chief Scribe of causing the abysmal performance of the NPP in the 2020 parliamentary elections leading to the party being bullied in Parliament by the largest opposition party, the National Democratic Congress.
He has promised to serve with a clear direction, focused mission and an innovative bottom to top management approach when given the node.
Below is the full statement:
My 10 point lead plan:
1. As GS, l will operate meaningfully at the Party HQ. The Party will no longer be managed from the private offices and homes of some persons. I ll lead in running an active, professional and hugely political HQ. I will not run the Party in absentia.
2. I’ll mange the Party from bottom to top. This means l will pay serious attention to the local structures of the party. I believe that if we pay attention to the polling stations and resource the Constituency Executives, we will enhance our strength.
3. I will formulate and publish a six monthly ACTIVITY PLAN. This means that l will be busy in the countryside on a formal work schedule. Regional and Constituency ACTIVITY PLANS will fit into the plan of the HQ.
4. I will ensure that officers, communicators, etc are REWARDED. It is absurd that we do not have an award scheme for people who have worked so hard for our victory. I’ll ensure that we add value to our officers and volunteers. This is not rocket science!
5. Establish a WORKING welfare scheme for all officers of the Party.
6. Revive the demotivated Communications Directorate of the Party. All communicators at all levels must have a reason to continue to advocate for the Party. I will put a plan in place to “look” after them. I will also support the Directorate to recruit brilliant communicators from the Regions and constituencies and offer them opportunities to feature on programmes “reserved” for a certain class of persons. We must find innovative ways of making our communication effective, convincing and pointful. This means we must consult widely and use the wealthy brains of the Party people.
7. I’ll lead in constantly articulating the excellent work the NPP government is doing. We must articulate loudly our achievements and challenge any propaganda intended to undermine our great efforts. Winning elections in 2024 will depend largely on the achievements of our government.
8. As GS, l will ensure that ALL internal elections are free, fair, transparent and credible. ALL parliamentary primaries shall be OPENED to all. No needless disqualifications.
9. Our Party is run by Committees. (Steering Committee, National Executive Committee, National Council and the National Delegates Conference/Congress). As GS, l will become the most functional officer of the Party and shall work to the directions of the Committees.
10. Discipline brings stability and meaning into a person or institution. It teaches us to be responsible and respectful. The observance of well-defined rules in any organisation is critically important for the growth and development of the organisation. Discipline promotes good human behavior, stronger and focused regime. We need to instill this important virtue into our Party. l will supervise a disciplined Party.
Other equally important issues l seek to address as GS include:
A. Govt/Party relationship.
B. HQ working closely with govt appointees.
C. MMDCEs and constituency executives working as a team.
E. Strengthening our international branches.