Home / GENERAL NEWS / DUNKWA-ON-OFFIN: Fire Kills 20- Year-Old Student, Destroys 10 Bedroom Apartment

DUNKWA-ON-OFFIN: Fire Kills 20- Year-Old Student, Destroys 10 Bedroom Apartment

Spread the love

A teenager has died after a violent fire razed down a ten-bedroom self-contained apartment at Atechem, in Dunkwa-Offin the capital of the Upper Denkyira East Municipality of the Central Region on Saturday 8th May 2021.

The deceased, 20, who has been identified as Solomon Johnson Mintah, was trapped by smoke to death .

According to the Landlord Mr J K Owusu, who spoke to Mohammed Radiu Dinn Rasko reporter solar fm said, the inferno started around 1:30am when most of tenants were asleep.
According to him, it was a tenant who was awake at the time preparing her milo beverage to sell in the morning , who saw the fire from her room and accordingly alerted her neighbours about the situation.
He further said all of the tenants but the deceased, who was fast asleep, came out of their rooms.

See also  Kumasi: Fire From Fuel Tanker Sweeps Through Makeshift Structures At Kaase

Speaking to the mother of the deceased,Mrs Grace Ampontuah Mintah popularly know as Mesoro Nyame said that on waking up after several attempts to do so, he had already been trapped by huge smoke and could not get out of the burglar proof window leading to his untimely death.
All properties and belongings of the occupants of the house were all burnt to ashes by the time men from the Ghana National Fire Service got to the scene to bring the raging inferno under control.

See also  A/R: Fire Destroys Entire House At Meduma

Speaking to the Mohammed Radiu Dinn Rasko, the Upper Denkyira East Municipal Fire Safety Officer of the Ghana National Fire Service, Mr John Essel indicated that the exact cause of the fire cannot be immediately established.

 

“The incident happened at around 2am but they only reached us around 3am ,so when we got there and managed to enter the room where the deceased was trapped but had already suffocated to death,” he explained .
He advised Ghanaians to be cautious when using electrical equipment and other gadgets and also call Fire Service personnel on time .

See also  "Not Even A Public Toilet For Me To Manage" – NPP's Obiri Boahen Laments Neglect By Akufo-Addo Government

The body of the deceased has since been deposited at the Dunkwa Municipal Hospital morgue awaiting autopsy.
Some of the displaced victims were seen still counting their losses as at the time when Mohammed Radiu Dinn Rasko got to the scene. They appealed to government and individuals to come to their aid.

 

Source: MyGhanaMedia / Mohammed Radiu Dinn Rasko / Solar fm 91.1 MHz/

 

Send your news stories to [email protected] and Chat with us via WhatsApp on +233200818719

About Adwenpa-Hene

I'm Adwenpa-Hene |Blogger & Broadcaster Journalist. I am the CEO and manager of this noble website. I publish on Entertainment, Sports, Politics, Lifestyle, and Technology. You can also follow Us on : YouTube Channel - My Ghana Media TV, Facebook - MyghanaMedia TV , Twitter - @MyGhanamedia2 & Instagram - My Ghana Media TV. Email Address: [email protected] Contact Us: 0200818719

Check Also

Wa West MP To IGP: Check The Brain Of The Policeman Who Left His Gun In The ‘Trotro’

Spread the love The Member of Parliament for the Wa West Constituency, and a Retired …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *