So it came to pass, that Haruna Nuako the man who wrote a lengthy article eulogising Alan Kyeremanten and calling him to lead the party in 2024 based on a non-existent “party tradition” is calling for an order on the Vice President because other people are projecting him for 2024. Is this not a shameful contradiction? And are we also right to call on the President to call Alan Kyeremanten to order because of the actions of people like Haruna Nuako and his cohorts whose main aim is to defame Dr. Bawumia? Are we right to deduce that their actions are well orchestrated and sanctioned by Mr Kyeremanten?
I believe strongly Haruna Nuako and his cohorts are sweating profusely because of recent pronouncements made in praise of Dr. Bawumia by revered personalities within the New Patriotic Party (NPP) like Madam Ama Busia as well as several others outside the NPP. Not only that, their non existent “queuing theory” which appears to be their lead message seems to have been adequately refuted as being frivolous. Thus, the only remedy left for them to keep their dwindling hopes alive is to attempt creating division between the President and his Vice. This plot will certainly fail by the grace of God.
It is common knowledge that Dr. Bawumia has not come out to campaign. What we have seen so far are justified calls by well meaning supporters of the party for Dr. Bawumia to be considered as the successor to President Akufo-Addo. Dr. Bawumia has through his spokesperson Dr. Gideon Boako dissociated himself from certain campaign posters made in his name. Surprisingly, Haruna Nuako has a problem with this statement and falsely claims it did not admonish people to stop such campaigns. Did he not read in the statement that “…the Vice President remains focused on assisting the President in the execution of his agenda to transform Ghana” and that “this is where everybody’s focus should be.”? What clear indication could he want after the Vice President admonished people to keep their focus on the President Akufo-Addo’s agenda to transform Ghana? Nothing will ever satisfy people like him I guess.
There is no doubt that Dr. Bawumia remains committed to President Akufo-Addo’s transformational agenda and the legacy he seeks to leave behind. In fact Dr. Bawumia is too intelligent to know that the future of the party at the next polls largely depends on the success of this Government which he has worked so hard in diverse ways to help win re-election. On this score, there is no one probably committed to the Akufo-Addo dream and legacy like Dr. Bawumia.
He abandoned juicy local and international appointments to consistently partner Akufo-Addo as a running mate at a time when people did all they could to paint Akufo-Addo as a violent and intolerant person. The smear campaign against President Akufo-Addo in those days was so intense but it did not deter Dr Bawumia from associating with him. Dr Bawumia remained committed and worked for him for three consecutive times as a running mate and when they finally won power, he is still working hard to see the success of government. Such a person should be the last person to be accused of derailing the legacy of Akufo-Addo. Madam Ama Busia was spot on when she said recently in an interview that Dr Bawumia has paid his dues to the party and President Akufo-Addo by extension.
Still showing signs of frustration, Haruna Nuako tried to paint a bleak impression for the future of Nana Akufo-Addo’s second term. Certainly, Ghana as well as all countries across the globe are facing economic challenges occasioned by Covid-19 but that does not in any way predict a bleak future for this country. In fact, through the hard work of Dr Bawumia as head of the economic management team, reputable international rating institutions like Fitch recently predicted a very good outlook for the Ghanaian economy. This is something which Dr Bawumia as head of the EMT deserves praises for and not condemnation.
That is why the proper and right title for Haruna Nuako’s article should have been “Dear Akufo-Addo, please your Vice President deserves your commendation and encouragement”. For indeed Dr. Bawumia needs praise and encouragement from all and sundry for his sterling performance but not the targeted attacks from the likes of Haruna Nuako and his dwindling band of detractors.
Your Excellency President Akufo-Addo, instead of the obvious untruths peddled by Haruna Nuako and his ill intended call, I with the greatest of humility invite you to take note of the following:
- You know Dr. Bawumia and you have known the key potential he possesses. That is why you consistently chose him as a running mate for 4 consecutive times. I humbly urge you to continue having that faith in him and to continue giving him the necessary support to operate under this second phase of your Government.
- Please do not pay heed to some of the ill advice and calls to interfere or caution Dr. Bawumia. He has NOT done any wrong and does NOT deserve caution. Most of these calls emanate from people who have been opposed to your success from the onset. And for those who joined the bandwagon recently, they are doing so not because they love or care about you but because of the sheer hatred they have for Dr. Bawumia and their parochial interest.
- These calls are primarily aimed at creating schisms between your humble self and Dr. Bawumia. The product of such schisms will ultimately affect the cohesion in your Government and mar the progress that your second term is destined to attain. It will also mar the future chances of the party at the next polls in 2024.
- Mr. President, the successful future of Dr. Bawumia’s political career after your presidency will be a plus to your leadership prowess. The opponents both internal and external are fully aware of this and are lying in wait to capitalize on any unlikely event to castigate you for not supporting a man who was there for you.
- Your excellency, it is an undeniable fact that 8 years of your Government after the backward trajectory our country faced under the NDC Government is woefully inadequate to fully attain the maximum transformation you planned. Thus, there is the need for continuity and our best shot for this continuity should be someone who has been in the trenches with you from the formative stages of your agenda whilst in opposition to the execution stage in Government. This description fits no other person but your Vice President H. E. Dr. Bawumia. I am not asking you to openly support him, even though I see nothing wrong with that, but I am only making a passionate plea to you not to fall for the divisive proposals made by people like Haruna Nuako and his cohorts.
The time has come for those who think defaming Dr. Bawumia is the only way for them to attaining their parochial interests to desist from such actions. Their chosen path is disastrous and does not in anyway help the cause of the party nor those they claim to be projecting. On the contrary, their actions have the tendency to negatively affect the very people they claim to support like Mr. Alan Kyeremanten.
In all of this, I am very much motivated hearing stalwarts of the NPP like Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu and founding member Madam Ama Busia defy all the odds to speak truth to power. I am particularly thrilled by the teaming NPP youth across the country who on daily basis show much love to Dr. Bawumia and defend him against those who seek to malign him. I urge them to continue working hard and keeping high spirits until success is attained as Dr. Bawumia breaks the 8 In Shaa Allah.
The writer can be contacted via email: [email protected]
Source: Dr Issah Imoro
Disclaimer: MyGhanaMedia is not responsible for this report and its content.There are four types of content published on MyGhanaMedia daily: curated content; syndicated content; user-generated content; and original content.
Send your news stories to mygha[email protected] and Chat with us via WhatsApp on +233200818719